Apr 24 2008
Previously I wrote a long post explaining how I created an algorithm to generate Word Search puzzles. I used the wonderful perl scripting language, which is typically my language of choice for utility programs.
Since that time I undertook the task of recreating the same logic in VB.Net. Here is my finished product. Reading through the previous post will describe the logic, which I attempted to reuse as closely as possible. I’m not going to walk through any of the code here, but you can view it in the source files provided in the zip file. Whereas I find perl more fun and cleaner to program in, the resulting user experience from the VB.Net environment is sooooo much nicer. You’ll need to have .Net 2 installed to run this.